Quality Assurance Engineer
ISONAS provides Access Control as a Service (ACaaS) with a complete hardware and software solution for an installed base of thousands of customers. The combination of patented IoT hardware, Cloud and on-premise software, and a uniquely effective go-to-market strategy create a significant competitive advantage.
ISONAS is synonymous with innovation and technology disruption. ISONAS’ revolutionary solution leverages a patented, panel free, connected network device as a combined reader-controller unit. Both the hardware and software are open architected to encourage third party integrations and speed ISONAS’ market penetration.
In this role, you will be is responsible for QA of all hardware and software created by ISONAS. You’ll ensure software and hardware is ready for deployment by ensuring that all issues are either solved, or known and documented. Our QA Engineer will create and maintain all automation including software validation and post deployment validation. Level 3 Support responsibilities may include vetting issues that come from Support and offering workarounds and / or solutions or sending to Product Management for Jira creation. Occasionally getting on the phone with a customer is required to fully investigate unique issues. Working with Support, Product Management and Development is a key component of the role.
What skills and experience do you need to have?
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience (I.T. related)
- 5+ years of experience with Quality Assurance
- Knowledge and experience working with Windows 10, Windows Server and Ubuntu Linux as it relates to QA
- Experience in deployments and DevOps style work.
- QA Automation is required as part of the job function. Ability to understand and learn or experience in Katalon Studio and Sikuli a plus (these are currently in use)
- Knowledge and familiarity with Amazon AWS a plus
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals a plus
- Strong people and communication skills with an ability to explain issues in a way end users can understand.
- Ability to work as a bridge between Support and Engineering vetting bugs to Jira issues or offering back solutions to Support.
- Ability to work closely with Developers in a fast paced environment offering detailed and accurate feedback on bugs and issues to be added to sprints.
- A strong desire to learn and ability to retain new information
- Can succeed in a fast paced constantly changing environment.
- Previous work in Access Control a plus
- Knowledge of low voltage systems (connectivity, power, resistance…) a plus
- Knowledge of physical security hardware (electronic and magnetic locks, door sense switches, motion detectors, cameras…) a plus.
- Must be able to manage situations without direct guidance.
- Ability to manage priorities and workload while setting realistic and manageable expectations for project and task completion and adjusting as needed based on the business requirements.
- Should possess effective written and verbal communications skills for both a technical and non- technical audience.
- Must have a strong understanding of Agile using related tools to prioritize and manage workload.
To apply, submit your resume here.
Allegion is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.